Fahrenheit 451 - Part One


First, a few Updates:

1. I am now legally an adult! Woo!
2. I GRADUATED!!!!!!!!! I honestly wasn't sure I would make it but I did!!!!
3. In a couple weeks I am going to be moving out so I can start my new job as an apartment manager
4. I just ate half a pint of ice cream at one-something a.m.

Now that we have gotten that stuff out of the way let's get down to business.

So for my birthday, me and my mom went to the mall we saw Avengers: Endgame (10/10) and I got lots of stuff. One of the things I got was Fahrenheit 451. I haven't read it yet but am very excited to since it is a very famous piece of literature. Now I've been wondering lately, since I have time on my hands what to write on my blog. I was pretty stumped until I had a brilliant idea.

Me: What should I write for my blog? Maybe I should get rid of it since I don't post much.

Myself: Don't, it is important

Me: Why?

Myself: Because it is okay? Wait, are you ever going to read those books you got on your birthday?

Me: Yeah

Myself: Wait, you like fanfiction right?

Me: Where are you going with this?

Myself: Read Fahrenheit 451 fanfiction, and then read the book

Me: Oh my gosh, you are a genius.

Since it is pretty late (Or should I say early), all I am going to do right now is pick out a fanfiction to read tomorrow. I think what I'll do is read a fanfiction, reveiw it, guess what the book will be about, and then read the actual book. After that I'll see if my guess was correct, review the book, and compare the book vs. the fanfiction.

2:10 A.M

I have it narrowed down to three

1. Fahrenheit 451 - A Fahrenheit 451 au that crosses over with Yuri on Ice which I have never seen. It is rated Teen and up. Note left by author at top of page:

"'You live a…a wonderful life, and you’re willing to risk it all for books?' Victor raised his eyebrows in surprise.

'Books are wonderful.' Yuuri responded simply"


2. Love & Natural Selection - Crossover with:
1984 - George Orwell
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Anthem - Ayn Rand
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Walden Two- B.F. Skinner
The Giver Series - Lois Lowry
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Revolutionary Road (2008)
My | We - Yevgeny Zamyatin
Black Mirror (TV)
Metropolis (1927)
Minority Report (2002)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
Star Trek: The Original Series
The Matrix (Movies)

I only know Brave New World, Pride and Prejudice, and The Giver Series which makes me think this will be lit AF. It is not rated, and is 22 Chapters long (28,349 words long). Note left by author at top of the page:

"Do not read. Not done. The last of a mostly peaceful, human-like alien race plots on slowly invading today’s Earth. Since discovering the habitable planet in 1952, the race had voted to invade only in the armless, “politically correct” way, considerate to maintain humananity’s cultural memory. Infiltrating with their own (seemingly) identical species to study Earth society on the ground, while simultaneously studying real human psychology on their home ship, they quickly learned enough about the race. And it was unfortunate, upon realizing that this simpler, Earth-way-of-life was destined for its own destruction— so their new research began testing for safer societal alterations, to save the species from themselves. Decades later, scientists are still lost in the fascinating, psychological research of its own captured, and blissfully unaware humans on their home ship— meanwhile, the colony of alien race civilians have less silently grown tired of this unmoving, irrational “invasion” to their awaiting, new home planet. One young civilian in particular, decides that warfare and violence is the new, immediate answer. Earth has no idea what’s coming."

Honestly this one seems like it will melt my brain.

3. Monday burn Millay - Rated Mature (scandalous!). Note by author:

"It was a pleasure to burn. Montag told himself, convinced really, whether it was the natural all consuming flame that warmed his fingertips and flushed his cheeks, or the burn that was scorching to the touch. It didn't matter to him either way, all he wanted was to feel that warmth again, that heat Beatty left him with that kept him wanting. That heat to burn away the cold dread in his belly each time his Captain would look at him, to warm that cold stare directed his way."

This is actually a sequel to "Tomorrow Comes Today" which a tag warning the reader that is is explicit.
I'm having trouble choosing one, so I think I will read 1 & 3. If anyone comments a request for me to read #2 I'll do it but for now I'll just read 1 & 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tom Hiddleston Appreciation Time

Chicken Soup for the Bloggers Soul (and Stomach)

Hey There Demons! It's Me, Ya Boi!